GOLD COAST JAZZ & BLUES CLUB
Welcome to our Member’s News page. As a valued member we will keep you updated with the latest club news and happenings.
Club Happenings & Updates:
We’re back!!!! Great news for our Club
After patiently waiting for the re-opening of HOTA and the Lakeside Room we at last have been granted the opportunity for our Club to re-open.
We have confirmed show dates as per our 2020 Gigs Calendar as follows commencing in September:
Wednesday 2 September
Andrew Baxter Band – “History of Blues”
Wednesday 7 October – Caxton Street Jazz Band – “New Orleans To Swing & Beyond”
Wednesday 4 November – The Soul Men – “The Blues Brothers Return”
Due to the current constraints enabling compliance with COVID SAFE regulations, the capacity of the Lakeside Room at HOTA is limited to 112 patrons. The seating arrangements will be configured with 28 tables of 4.
Please note the following:
- The admission price for all members will now be $27.50
- As the room is restricted to 112 patrons, tickets will be offered to members only on a first come first served basis
- Once tickets go on sale for each show, Members will have 10 days to secure their tickets after which time, unsold tickets will be made available to the general public
- Advance notice will be provided to members advising of the date ticket sales will commence
- Current advice from HOTA is that tickets will be sold by the table and not individually so a table for 4 will cost $110 and will need to be paid when booking – Members will be advised if HOTA changes these booking arrangements prior to tickets going on sale
- Normal bar service and cheese platters will be available as per our previous shows
- Show times have not changed and doors will open at 6:30pm, shows will commence at 7:30pm, interval at 8:30pm, 2nd bracket starts at 9:00pm, and shows will conclude at 10:00pm
- Members will be required to bring their membership cards on the night and will need to have their card scanned upon entry to the venue
- We will supply a floor plan to assist you with your booking arrangements
- Where practical, and as tickets will be sold by the table only, we will endeavour to assist members who would ordinarily book a single or double ticket to pair up with other ticket buyers.
In the current COVID 19 world, attendance at our shows will be a big departure from what we have previously known, love and enjoyed – for the time being, gone are the days where we would have our Members & friends seated together at tables of 10, and a packed Lakeside Room with over 300 patrons.
Your committee is working hard to ensure that the transition to these new arrangements will be as smooth as possible, but it is probable that we may hit a few speed bumps along the way. As we have over 200 members, and can only accommodate a maximum of 112 members at one show, we are looking at the viability of duplicating shows so that all of our members have the opportunity to attend one of our monthly shows. It is very early days on this initiative, and we will advise you of any developments in this space.
All club memberships for 2020 will be extended to well into 2021 so that all members will not be penalised due to the 5 shows that we have had to cancel thus far in 2020.
With the reduced capacity of the Lakeside Room, we have had to slightly raise ticket prices, which will not cover our costs. However, your Committee has agreed to subsidise the anticipated shortfalls for the benefit of our members, and to get our club back in action again.
Please do not try and book yet, as we will provide you with advance notice of when show bookings will open at HOTA.
Despite the impact of COVID 19, our membership for 2020 is strong with 216 members
2019 Members wishing to renew their membership for 2020, can do so on our Membership page.
Our club had a successful year in 2019 with over 265 members.